Frequently Asked Questions
Our online instruction is available by paid subscription only. If you have purchased access to one of our programs you can get access to the videos by following these steps:
- log onto www.dancingfordessert.com
- log in with your email address and password
- Click the 'Dance Lessons' link at the top of the page
- Choose the dance you would like to start learning.
- Choose one of the dance steps from the left side of the page (presumably the first one).
- Click one of the media player icons under the screenshots
- Start watching the videos and have a great time!
There are a few different setup issues which might prevent our videos from playing properly on your computer. Usually these can be fixed quite quickly by adjusting a setting or two. If you need help beyond these instructions please don't hesitate to contact us. We have never found a video problem that we couldn't troubleshoot successfully.
1. Internet Security
Most of the problems our customers encounter viewing our videos are related to Internet Security settings. In fact, the default settings on Norton Internet Security block DfD instructional materials. We have found two ways of addressing this issue:
- The easiest way to fix this would be to simply disable the firewall element of NIS . Keep in mind that if you are using a router, this device is its own firewall and, used properly, will protect you from internet intruders. * Take care NOT to disable the Anti-Virus element of NIS , as no firewall will protect you from viruses.
- You could also change the settings on your NIS to allow our video to pass through. This is a little more difficult, but we have found a support link, ( www.modwest.com/help/kb2-282.html ), which will guide you step-by-step through the process.
As always, we are at your disposal ( Contact Us ) if you are not able to resolve things on your own.
2. Media Players
Our videos are configured for the most recent versions of QuickTime and Windows Media player. We strongly recommend running the latest versions of these players, as older versions may not play the videos properly. You can download the latest versions here:
3. Browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc.)
Again, we recommend running the latest version of whichever browser you are using.
Online audio and video are best viewed using a High-Speed Broadband Internet connection. The quality of our videos may be compromised at a slower Dial-Up or Internet-Lite connection.
Unfortunately our instructional videos are not available on DVD yet. We are working hard to change this, and hope to have DVD 's available in the near future. When we do start selling them we will certainly send out a newsletter to announce it. If you would like to be notified you can sign up here. (All we really need is a valid email address).
At the moment we teach steps for 7 dances online: Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Salsa, Cha Cha, Rumba and Swing. We also have our Wedding Program.
At some point we would definitely like to add to our existing syllabus but there is no definite time-frame for this. Producing video lessons does take a long time. Merengue, Samba and Argentine Tango are dances we are considering as well as Two Step and other country dances. If you have suggestions for other dances you would like to see here please let us know (Contact Us).
We offer two options for payment processing: credit card payments through our own secure cart and Paypal.
1. We accept only Visa and Mastercard payments through our own cart. Transactions made through our cart are secured using 128-bit SSL security (the best available) provided by GeoTrust. Click on the GeoTrust seal below for security confirmation.
2. We also accept Debit Card payments as well as most major credit cards via PayPal. What is PayPal? >>
You no longer need to sign up for a PayPal account in order to use PayPal .*
Simply choose your Dance Package, Checkout, and then select PayPal as your payment method. You will be taken to a PayPal Payment Page where you can submit your payment safely and securely. When you're done, PayPal will ask you if you wish to save your information for future purchases, and you can choose yes or no.
* PayPal sign-up is still required for Debit Card payments.